Quantum computing is a rapidly emerging technology that harnesses the laws of quantum mechanics to solve complex problems that classical computers cannot encode. Over time, the rise of quantum computers overpowered traditional computers and marked a milestone in the development of quantum computers.
However, some research institutes have predicted that the continued rise of quantum supremacy will slowly and steadily overtake the blockchain space. Thus, to protect blockchain technology from quantum computer attacks, there was a need for quantum secure blockchain technology.
Fortunately, the second quarter of 2018 saw the launch of Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL). It took two years of extensive development, multiple third-party audits, and the first enterprise-grade post-quantum secure blockchain with the XMSS signature scheme to launch QRL.
What is the Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL)?
The Quantum resistant register (QRL) is a comprehensive quantum-resistant blockchain network. The first is a reliable blockchain platform secured by XMSS. XMSS is a NIST-approved hash-based secure digital signature scheme that makes the platform resistant to quantum attacks. A development ecosystem and a suite of applications complete the security of the platform.
The complete mixture of various aspects allows users to build their blockchain applications using the quantum-resistant network. In addition to securing the network against the inevitable traditional and quantum computing, QRL also has the potential for a black swan event. It rapidly and irreversibly advances technology without immediate warning.
There are many features attached to the QRL network providing a useful platform for developers and users:
- Secure digital assets: The ledger provides safe digital assets to its users, avoiding current and emerging crypto threats. The application suite guarantees a range of options for the safe custody of QRL digital assets. The former also enables interactions with public and private post-quantum secure blockchains built on the platform’s core protocol.
- Post-quantum secure communications: Ledger combines on-chain networked key storage with its strong transient messaging layer for communication between nodes. It is a unique post-quantum secure messaging layer for extremely secure virtual communications.
- Wide integration and diversified ecosystem: QRL offers strong integration accompanied by a pioneer in digital asset storage hardware solutions to its users. Moreover, it has an open development infrastructure and audited and open source cryptographic algorithms. The platform offers a rich API experience for developers, making QRL a healthy enterprise-level solution.
- Idealistic Security: QRL is the industry’s first implementation to use IETF-specified XMSS. The latter allows users to secure present and future attacks using quantum computers. XMSS is a secure hash-based signature scheme with minimal security assumptions and reusable addresses as approved by NIST.
- Developer oriented: The platform is integrated, with comprehensive tools, documentation, and a rich API, enabling the tools to build anything on an industrial-grade network for today and tomorrow. Features like Quantum Resistant Token (QRT) support, chained message support, etc. make QRL a developer-friendly platform.
- User-friendly: The platform is a complete suite of products, designed with the end user in mind. The former responds to many user requests, from integrations with hardware wallets to mobile apps. QRL’s download page has products for desktop, like Windows, Mac, and Linux, for mobile apps, including iOS and Android, and the web browser.
Quantum secure cryptography
There are many IT sectors and operational technology systems based on public key cryptography. Cryptographic algorithms are mathematical functions that transform data using a key to protect information. QRL is a quantum secure cryptography approved by the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).
Cryptography allows the platform to test post-quantum cryptography algorithms with their software. Additionally, it allows QRL to decide whether information security compensates for inefficiencies prior to a federally mandated transition. The NSIT endorsement helps QRL understand the impact of post-quantum cryptography on the performance and behavior of its network.
Quantum currency is the scientific alternative to cryptocurrencies. It aims to replace the central bank and enable accurate and consistent integrity of funds movements. Quantum Resistant Ledger combines blockchain technology and quantum currency and provides a technology-based financial solution for users.
Quantum currency enables QRL to efficiently analyze data, maintain high security standards and improve customer experience. The Ledger with Quantum Currency has created a unique currency (QRL coins), which cannot be cloned, replicated or copied.
Red4sec, a commercial initiative made up of security experts and analysts with years of experience in cybersecurity, audits the QRL network. The rapid growth of technologies and the outsourcing of services by various companies increase the appearance of risks affecting the secrecy, integrity and accessibility of information. Red4sec aims to provide information security solutions and protect organizations by reducing the risks caused by security vulnerabilities.
To undertake a secondary security audit, QRL has signed an agreement with X41 D-Sec GmbH. The latter relies on part of the specific expertise of X41, covering the post-quantum cryptography part of QRL. Additionally, it helps platforms manage vulnerabilities in products under development. Beyond identifying individual vulnerabilities, X41 shows ways to improve product infrastructure design and make it resilient even against future threats.
Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) marks the future of blockchain technology without any worries of quantum attacks. Wide integration, secure digital assets, and post-quantum secure communications make QRL a one-of-a-kind highly secure blockchain platform.
The QRL coin has a circulating supply of 76,403,154.90 QRL coins with a supply cap of 105,000,000 QRL coins. The project sticks to its vision of providing users with similar functionality to Bitcoin and Ethereum while offering fairer mining processes, high security, and better staking algorithms. Quantum Resistant Ledger is a network that meets the needs of the current generation while meeting the demands of future generations.
To learn more about Quantum Resistant Ledger, please visit the official site.
Disclaimer: This is a paid publication and should not be considered news or advice.